By Lauren Morando
Love your summer days? Here are some great beauty reminders
Cover those peepers: Protect your eyes with Velvet sunglasses that offer 100% UV protection.
- Have a hat handy: Keep a hat close by during the summer months. We like to keep a floppy one in the back seat for easy access for any sunny opportunities.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen: One of our faves for the face is Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF50, Fragrance Free.
- Seek shade: Take tanning breaks and catch some shade! Limit your direct exposure to the sun, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when UV rays are the strongest.
- Avoid fake Rays: Try to not use tanning beds and sunlamps. Both can cause serious long-term skin and eye damage and contribute to skin cancer.
- Check it before you wreck it! Check your skin regularly so you know what's normal for you and to notice any changes or new growths caused from UV rays. See a dermatologist for anything alarming.
If you love to tan, remember that moderation is “key”, as too much exposure can cause sunburn, eye damage, wrinkles and a myriad of other health issues.
Life is all about balance, babes! Keep sunny times in check.